Tuesday, February 26, 2008

The People Are Ready For Change

Got you there, didn't I?

You thought this was going to be another blog post dedicated to Barack Obama or our messed up electoral/ delegate vote system, or the news that Ralph Nadar has decided to ruin our election - again. Well, you are wrong. No politics here. At least not today. I'd like to talk about the Spring fashions I see popping up on the street around me. And it's still only in the 40s.

Yes, the people are ready for change. For a change in the actual climate (among others such as the economic climate and political climate, but we'll save that for another post.) Enough of the dreary 40 degree weather days. Either snow, or be sunny. But the hazy cool mist is getting old already.

Peep toed shoes have made their way back into my office and I've seen several women walking around with skirts on - sans hose. I'm even guilty of running out to lunch without my jacket on lately. Feels like it should be Spring already, even though it's not even March yet. (And even at that, the true Spring weather typically doesn't arrive until May.)

But as global warming persists, our seasons lack demarcation and somehow Fallwinterspring has become the norm. The slightest hint of snow brings everyone into a tizzy and I'm sure a forecast for a 60 degree day would be cause for shorts and flip flops. Yet, somehow, regardless of the forecast, we're left with the gray misty cool humidity. Not cause for an umbrella per se, but definitely enough for a bad hair day.

No comments: