Tuesday, January 03, 2006

On being sick and Happy New Year

Its the third day of the new year - the first day back to work - and I'm already staying home sick. Please don't let this be an omen of the year to come. I'm truly never sick. I was awarded perfect attendance and a commemorative school pencil every year through high school because I never had a reason to stay home (except 6th grade when I was socked with the flu, chicken pox, and a mild case of scarlet fever. I know, don't ask.) I toasted the new year with my fiance and a group of close friends - "to the best year of our lives." To 2006! Our first full year in our newly purchased condo. To 2006! Our wedding year. To 2006! May it be better than 2005. And I wake up January 3rd, throwing up everything I ate the day before. What a way to start the new year. Hopefully, it can only get better.

No comments: