Friday, December 30, 2005

Bizarro Tuned In Day

Another posting for the day - its VERY quiet here at work - and I need to build some interest and credibility for this blog before its discovered by the masses. I think I'm sticking with observations - perhaps observations of the day. Those quirky things that occur when you least expect it...

I'm walking to work this morning, listening to my Ipod. Its on random shuffle - I'm stopping on Green Day and clicking past Dido because I'm having a Green Day kind of day. Up comes "Let Me Clear My Throat" (not by Green Day, but nevertheless) - remember this one? Well, its all I can do not to break it down in the middle of Farrugut Square. Restraining my itchy leg, I am suddenly aware of the city noises and how they so craftily mix with the music. A passing ambulance, the random cell phone conversation. A homeless guy was even hacking up some phlegm just when DJ Kool was telling me "... it goes a little something like this..." For a minute, I thought the whole city was tuned into my I-pod! Its interesting how music can be transformed by ambient sounds. Each time you listen to the same song, you'll have a unique experience - making your day a little less predictable. Maybe there is less of a reason to try drowning out the world than you thought
(http://www.cnn.com/2005/TECH/ptech/12/30/ear.ipod.protect.reut/index.html)


We'll see what my walk home brings...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have a comment! well two comments actually. First- did you know that you started your blog on my birthday?! Kind of crazy, but I like it. And second, I, repeat I, am the friend that you started "obs" with. Just had to throw that out there. :)