Monday, April 23, 2007

Build It and They Will Come

Welcome everyone! I had a number of comments posted to my review on Busboys and Poets this morning and I'm so pleased to see that this blog has readership beyond my most loyal following. [note: Thanks to the nod by DC Blogs, the B&P post was the 2nd most popular outgoing link of the day.]

Today, I received good advice from a reader: Health Bar opens at 8am for breakfast. Of course, being a member of Results, that would mean that I'd feel guilty if I didn't combine it with a trip to the gym, but nevertheless... good to know!

So... you new visitors made me wonder why people read blogs - is it to obtain practical information and advice, to read about another point of view, or simply to gain voyeuristic insight into a stranger's life (which I can certainly be guilty of at times!). It is like finding a diary, right? The only "focus" of this blog is my random thoughts, aside from Thursday's restaurant review, and that's a fuzzy focus at best. Would readers be interested in something more centralized? Perhaps DC restaurant picks and finds (I'm no Tom Sietsema, though). Or maybe a focus on my neighborhood, Logan Circle/ U Street, and its goings-on? I've yet to find a really good neighborhood blog for this area, and maybe this is what the residents need? No offense to Logan Circle News. They only seem to report the crime. But, that is important too. Mid City Live is a great directory of the area and I love their listing of happy hour specials, but it is not designed to host commentary. Who is talking about the gallery events, new stores, and other happenings in the area?

Let me know what you think, what you are looking for, what you need. We can build this thing together. Until then... I'll keep on rambling.

No comments: