Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Walking and Chewing Gum

It's clear that I can't do two things at once - like walking and chewing gum, or keeping up two blogs at once. Oh, how nice it would be to spend my days at Starbucks (or better yet the chocolate shop on 14th Street) and blog away to my heart's content.

As some of you know, I started a new blog - Beets and Bonbons - dedicated to my favorite recipes, and my friends' favorite recipes. It's a lot of fun (not a huge following), but its gotten me cooking again, trying new things in the kitchen, and very interested in food photography. 

Needless to say, I'm a true Pisces. I seek and crave creativity - it's just about finding more time! I did sign up for a great project recently, called A Million Little Pictures (through Art House Co-op in Atlanta). The concept is simple - 1,000 people, a disposable camera, and 24 frames in which to document your life. The submissions are displayed in Art House's Atlanta gallery.

I received my camera yesterday and I'm so excited about this project. I'm brainstorming ideas now and trying to find a focus - and a way to make my pictures stand out. I'll keep you posted. The photos have to be postmarked by September 1!

No comments: