Friday, September 26, 2008

I'll Drink To That!

Boo. Hiss. I'm a bad blogger.

So, we've got some debates tonight - now that McCain decided he's happy enough to attend. Gee, I wish I could judge my level of contentment on a daily basis to decide whether it was appropriate if I went to work that day. Wouldn't that be the life?

Well it's all the talk here in D.C., as I'm sure it is in many other cities and towns across the country. The election. The big prize - up for grabs. I went out for lunch today and heard "debate," "McCain," "swing state," and even "Dukakis" (!?!) as I passed groups of people on the street. I learned from a Facebook friend that Palin is planning to watch the debates at the Irish Pub in Philadelphia with 400 of her supporters. Do you think they'll chug or do a shot when Obama mentions "change"? Maybe Palin will take out her rifle and fire a shot instead.

All across the country, there will be voters tuning in - some undecided, some very decided, and others just looking for a new version of their favorite drinking game. (Did he just say "lockbox" again?)

I, for one, can't wait to see McCain stumble on Obama's eloquence. And I'll be drowning my sorrows (in beer, wine or whatever) if McCain addresses me as one of his "friends."

No comments: