Friday, November 16, 2007

Signs, Signs, Everywhere Are Signs...

I've seen some pretty great ones over the past few weeks. If only my camera would hold a charge, I would have taken pictures to share with you. I'll do the best I can to explain:

Nordstrom - Tyson's Corner

We'll be decking our halls on November 23.
Why?
Because at Nordstrom, we like to take one holiday at a time.

KUDOS, Nordstrom!! If only other stores would take your lead. There is no need for Christmas to start in October, which yes, is when I saw the first signs of it at my local CVS. Even the store employee who was stocking the card aisle with Christmas cards looked bewildered.


Bumper Sticker - Mclean, VA

This one is hard to type out and get the right effect

Any
DEMOCRAT '08

(It looked like a specific candidate bumper sticker, where the "Any" would be replaced by the candidates last name).


Deli - 17th between L and M

Serving Hotdogs!
Now with proper sanitizing.

This sign was up for weeks, and I couldn't understand why this was something you'd want to announce. I mean, if in fact you were serving food without proper sanitizing that's a) gross but b) not necessary to broadcast to those customers who may not have known in the first place.

About a week ago I noticed that the second line had been erased.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think someone forgot about her blog... Don't leave your reader(s) waiting!